Oana L. Militaru
Ms. Militaru focuses her practice on estate planning and administration, including asset protection and special needs planning. She represents fiduciaries, businesses, families and individuals in trust and estate matters, including litigation of disputed probate and trust matters. Oana has extensive experience in all areas of probate practice, and whether it is a contested probate or trust matter, or an amicable negotiation of a settlement, she understands the sensitivities of each situation and the delicate manner in which the client’s objectives must be pursued.
Estate & Trust Administration
Supreme Court of Illinois
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
John Marshall Law School, J.D.
Simion Barnutiu Law School, J.D.
- August – September 2021 – ISBA, Trust and Estates Section – “Electronic Wills and Remote Witnessing”
- March 2019 – ISBA, Trust & Estates Section – “What Every Estate Planner Should Know About Special Needs Planning.”
- March 2019 – DiMonte & Lizak, LLC Learning Series Seminars – in collaboration with Margherita Albarello – “Navigating the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family & Medical Leave Act, and Worker Compensation Absences, and the Benefits of Special Needs Planning.”
- September 2017 – IICLE Special Needs Conference – “Substitute Decision Making.”
- September 2016 – IICLE Special Needs Conference – “Limited Guardianship: A Customized Approach to Substitute Decision Making.”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section Council, Co-Chair of Legislative Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association – Federal Taxation Section Council
- Romanian Bar Association – Co-Founder