Helmut E. Gerlach
Mr. Gerlach chairs the firm’s corporate practice group. He brings to the table excellent analytical, writing/drafting, advocacy, negotiation, dispute-resolution and mediation skills and his advice is sought for by individuals, businesses and colleagues. Prior to the practice of law, he had 10+ years global experience in the hospitality industry and military (NATO). Mr. Gerlach is fluent in legal, business and technical German.
Commercial Real Estate
Supreme Court of Illinois
Maryland Court of Appeals
Supreme Court of D.C.
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
Towson University, B.A. Economics, History, Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association | Member
- Maryland Bar Association | Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association | Member
- University of Maryland School of Law Alumni Association | Past Board of Directors
Pro Bono Activities
- Outside Counsel, Salem United Methodist Church of Barrington, 2003-present
- General Counsel (Pro-Bono Basis), Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley, 2005 – present