Mike P. McElroy
Mr. McElroy focuses his practice in the areas of family wealth preservation, probate and trust litigation, and family business succession. Twenty-five years of extensive experience form the foundation for his work with individuals and business owners. He takes pride in efficiently and creatively addressing his client’s objectives, which range from wills and trusts to creating sophisticated structures to meet client’s wealth transfer and asset protection goals.
Estate & Trust Administration
Supreme Court of Illinois
U.S. District Court
John Marshall Law School, J.D.
St. John’s University, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association | Member
- Chicago Bar Association | Member
- American Bar Association | Member
- Lake County Bar Association | Member
- Mr. McElroy is the consulting author to Horner Probate Practice and Estates, an 8-volume legal treatise providing an in-depth discussion of probate, trust, and estate proceedings in Illinois. Mr. McElroy has also contributed to other Illinois publications regarding civil practice and business topics.
Pro Bono Activities
- Ruth Helen Wolf Endowment | Formation Committee and Oversight Committee Member
- St. Mary of the Lake Church | Lector
- Wills for Heroes Foundation | Volunteer
- Magnolia Malden Neighbors Block Club | Volunteer