Vasili D. Russis
Since 1995, Vas Russis has concentrated his practice in tax law including transaction structuring, tax disputes, tax planning and return processing, which is in addition to estate planning, asset protection, litigation and corporate transactions. As a lawyer and CPA, Vas offers clients a comprehensive approach to their personal and professional matters. Vas represents individuals, families and businesses across a wide range of industries including retail, manufacturing, service, farming and professional services.
Vas is an active member in the Lake Zurich community and a Board Member of the District 95 Educational Foundation.
Estate & Trust Administration
Certified Public Accountant, 1990
Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago – Kent College of Law, J.D.
University of Illinois, B.S. Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- “Federal Court Denies Protection in Bankruptcy for Inherited IRA”, (Co-Author), Illinois State Bar Association’s Commercial, Banking & Bankruptcy Law Newsletter
- “Life Insurance Structured Properly Provides Asset Protection”, (Co-Author), Illinois State Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Newsletter
Podcasts and Webinars
- “You Can’t Tell The Players Without A Scorecard: Staying on Top of Matters in Trusts and Administration” 2021 Lake County Bar Association Virtual Trusts & Estates Seminar Featured Speaker
Pro Bono Activities
- District 95 Educational Foundation | Board Member